Hills Prescription Diet Canine U/D Non-Struvite Urinary Tract Health 370G X 12
Bladder stones are collections of mineral crystals that combine together in the urinary tract. They can cause discomfort and lead to more serious problems that require the care of a veterinarian.
Because the food your dog eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help support your dog's bladder health.
Dogs need the right balance of minerals to maintain good bladder health. Excess minerals can encourage the formation of crystals in the urine, which can lead to the creation of bladder stones.
- Reduced levels of protein and calcium to help limit the formation of bladder stones
- Added taurine and high levels of L-carnitine help maintain healthy heart muscle function
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Bladder Health Warning Signs
- Incontinence or "accidents"
- Urinating in new or unusual places
- Frequent attempts to urinate, without producing much urine
- Straining to urinate
- Behavior changes such as restless, listlessness or loss of interest in usual activities
- Refusing to eat or reduced appetite
- Licking around the urinary opening
Hill's Prescription Diet u/d Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition dogs need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how their Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy, healthy and active life.
Water, Egg Product, Corn Starch, Chicken Fat, Pork Liver, Sucrose, Rice, Soybean Oil, Powdered Cellulose, Soy Fiber, Potassium Citrate, Choline Chloride, Iodized Salt, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Taurine, L-Lysine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite) , L-Tryptophan, L-Carnitine, Magnesium Oxide, Beta-Carotene.
Daily Feeding Guide:
Important Feeding Information
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your dog may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Prescription Diet formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with dry food and treats, decrease the amount of canned food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
Adult maintenance - using 13 oz (370 g) can
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1/3 - 1/2 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||2/3 - 3/4 can|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||3/4 - 1 can|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 - 1 1/3 can|
|30 lb (14 kg)||1 1/3 - 1 3/4 can|
|40 lb (18 kg)||1 2/3 - 2 1/4 can|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 - 2 2/3 can|
|60 lb (27 kg)||2 1/4 - 3 can|
|70 lb (32 kg)||2 1/2 - 3 1/2 can|
|80 lb (36 kg)||2 3/4 - 3 3/4 can|
|100 lb (45 kg)||3 1/4 - 4 1/2 can|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Prescription Diet® u/d® Canine Non-Struvite Urinary Tract Health provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
Average Nutrient and Caloric Content
Canned 1322 kcal/kg (489 kcal/370g can)
|Vitamin E||643 IU/kg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids Total||0.38|
|Brand||Hills Prescription Diet|