Hills Prescription Diet FELINE K/D Renal Health Chicken Pate Moist Cat Food 156g X 24
Kidneys are very important because they remove waste substances from the blood, and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. Once kidney damage occurs, the consequences are usually irreversible.
Because the right nutrition can positively impact your pet's quality of life, Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet k/d, clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your cat's kidney health. In fact, k/d is clinically tested to improve quality of life in cats.
- Reduced levels of protein to help minimise kidney workload
- Reduced phosphorus to help maintain healthy kidney function and minimise stress on kidneys
- Reduced sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure
- Increased levels of omega-3 fatty acids to support kidney health
- Increased levels of B-complex vitamins to compensate urinary losses
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Feline is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition cats need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how their Prescription Diet foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Variety: Chicken Pate K/D
Pack Size: 24 cans x 156g
Water, Pork Liver, Chicken, Pork By-Products, Brewers Rice, Oat Fiber, Corn Starch, Glucose, Chicken Fat, Potassium Citrate, Psyllium Seed Husk, Guar Gum, Calcium Carbonate, Fish Oil, Calcium Sulfate, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid (source of vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), DL-Methionine, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Iodized Salt, Cysteine, Glycine, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Beta Carotene.
Daily Feeding Guide:
Important Feeding Information
- Cover & refrigerate unused portion.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your cat may need less or more food to maintain proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- With your veterinarian's approval, mix increasing amounts of your cat's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period. Prescription Diet formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your cat's unique needs, and canned foods with delicious flavors your cat will love. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food. When using with dry food and treats, decrease the amount of canned food to avoid overfeeding.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your cat's condition.
Adult maintenance - using 5.5 oz (156 g) can
|Weight of Cat||Amount per Day|
|6 lb (2,7 kg)||3/4 - 1 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||1 1/4 - 1 2/3 can|
|14 lb (6,4 kg)||1 1/2 - 2 can|
|18 lb (8,2 kg)||1 3/4 - 2 1/2 can|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Prescription Diet® k/d® Feline Renal Health with Chicken provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult cats.
Average Nutrient and Caloric Content
Canned 1173 kcal/kg (183 kcal/156g can)
|Vitamin C||103 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||814 IU/kg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids Total||0.72|
|Brand||Hills Prescription Diet|