Hills Prescription Diet r/d Weight Reduction Dry Cat Food 3.9kg
Almost 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can lead to health problems.
Extra weight reduces play time, impacts mobility and affects the general health of your cat. Factors contributing to weight gain include age, lack of exercise and overfeeding.
Many commercial pet foods are loaded with salt and fat, which improve the taste but also have dramatic effects on your cat's weight and overall health. Along with frequent physical exercise, choosing the right food plays a very important role in helping cats reach their proper weight.
At Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to reduce cats' body fat, while keeping him or her satisfied.
- Hill's Prescription Diet r/d is formulated with the following benefits:
- Low fat and high fibre decrease caloric intake, which helps reduce body fat
- High natural fibre levels satisfy pets while losing weight
- High levels of L-carnitine to help burn fat while maintaining lean muscle mass
- Delicious taste for easy transition from your cat's current food
Hill's Prescription Diet r/d Feline provides all the nutrition your cat needs during weight loss. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how their Hill's Prescription Diet foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Brewers Rice, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Powdered Cellulose, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Lactic Acid, Calcium Sulfate, Potassium Sulfate, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Taurine, Potassium Chloride, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorby l-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Iodized Salt, L-Carnitine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Threonine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Beta-Carotene, Natural Flavors.
Daily Feeding Guide:
Important Feeding Information
These amounts are a starting point only. Determine the amount to feed based on TARGET WEIGHT rather than the current weight. Your cat may need less or more food to safely lose weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure or if you are not feeding this product for weight loss, ask your veterinarian.
- Mix increasing amounts of your cat's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period. Prescription Diet formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your cat's unique needs and canned foods with delicious flavors your cat will love. When using with canned food and treats, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your cat's condition
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
Weight of Cat
|Weight Loss||Weight Control|
|6 lb (2,7 kg)||1/2 cup (45 g)||2/3 cup (60 g)|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||5/8 cup (55 g)||7/8 cup (75 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||2/3 cup (60 g)||1 cup (90 g)|
|12 lb (5,4 kg)||3/4 cup (65 g)||1 1/8 cups (100 g)|
|14 lb (6,4 kg)||7/8 cup (75 g)||1 1/3 cups (115 g)|
|16 lb (7,3 kg)||1 cup (90 g)||1 1/2 cups (130 g)|
|18 lb (8,2 kg)||1 cup (90 g)||1 5/8 cups (145 g)|
Prescription Diet® r/d® Feline Weight Loss-Low Calorie is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only.
Average Nutrient and Caloric Content
Dry 3018 kcal/kg
|Vitamin C||125 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||607 IU/kg|
|Brand||Hills Prescription Diet|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Lucky Pet Supplies users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.