Feliway Pheromone Spray for Anxious Cats - 60ml
Let’s face it, change can be stressful, and cats don’t really like change.
When a cat's anxious, it can lead to urine marking, vertical scratching, loss of appetite, reduced desire to play or interact.
Feliway helps control and avoid Feline anxiety caused by:
- Moving house
- Introducing new pets or family members to the home
- Surgery and visits to the vet
- New neighbourhood pets or children
- General anxiety
- Multi-pet households
Advantages of Pheromone Use on Cat Behaviour
- It's easy - just spray the carrier, bed or area the cat will be in, even your own hands.
- Ten seconds of work for one month of therapy;
- No side effects - it's safe for YOU and YOUR PETS;
- Scientifically proven to be effective for behaviours relating to anxiety, fears, and establishing pets into new territories.
Spray for both male and female cats discourages behaviour when it is applied to the area the pet has sprayed. It can also be sprayed in the area where a cat may experience anxiety, such as in a car during a move or visit to the vet or cattery. Spray on your hands when handling your cat to check for injuries and to comfort and reassure them.
Size: 60ml spray
Frequently asked questions
What is pheromonatherapy?
Pheromonatherapy is a new way to manage behaviour problems in animals. It is an innovative and natural solution to stress related problems in cats and dogs.
What are pheromones?
Pheromones are 'chemical signals' used to communicate between members of the same species. As a result pheromones emitted by one individual can affect and change the behaviour of other individuals of the same species. The most well known are the sex pheromones used to make the bitch or queen more attractive to the male when they are in season. However, pheromones can also be used to mark territory, intimidate aggressors etc....
How does an animal detect pheromones in the environment?
Pheromones are secreted into the air by one animal and detected by a specific organ situated in the upper palate. To detect the pheromones, animals pump air into the vomeronasal organ. This ”pumping” behaviour is called “flehmen”. Depending on the species, the flehmen can be very discreet (as in cats) or quite obvious (as seen in horses and sheep). On detection, the pheromone induces a subconscious behaviour change.
What are other uses of pheromones
Pheromones are used for a wide variety of situations. In behaviour management, appeasing pheromones can be used to prevent or reduce stress related behaviour problems in dogs.
How long will a diffuser last?
One diffuser lasts for approximately four weeks and covers an area of 50 - 70 square meters.
Does it affect humans?
The pheromone has no effect on humans; It is species specific! The concentration of pheromone in the air at anyone time is very small and, as pheromones are species specific, the familiarisation pheromone in Feliway will have no effect on humans or other animal species. Since pheromones are not systemically absorbed, the absence of toxicity and side effects makes them particularly beneficial to sick or aged pets, and allows for their safe use alone or in combination with psychotropic drug therapy.
Is Feliway safe to use if you are pregnant?
Yes, the Feliway Diffuser is safe to use if you are pregnant. For more information about safety, please check the CEVA Australia website.
What about multi-pet households?
Feliway Diffuser helps in multi cat households where there is tension between cats, by decreasing overall stress. Conversely, in cases where recognized aggression is displayed (with fights, attacks, wounds), consulting a behaviorist is strongly recommended.
Did you know?
* Covered litter trays may increase bullying in some multi-cat households.
* Single cat-sized sleeping perches have been shown to help reduce individual cat stress in multi-cat households.
* Placing a bell (or several bells) on the aggressor cat in the household can be useful as it provides a warning to the other cats that the aggressor cat is coming, giving them the chance to get out of the way.
* After a visit to the vet, other pets may not recognise their friend as they may smell and look different (bandages, elizabethan collars etc)
Unreal amazing product!By: Jade on 31 August 2019This product has solved so many problems! I've seen it turn an aggressive cat that was terrified into a loving playful cat in 2 days. I've seen it undo bad behaviours like ankle biting in 3 months. I've seen it make shy cats loving to even strangers. It's a miracle product. HIGHLY recommend for daily use and for use when the cats life may be upset (holidays, moving, long stay guests). Takes 48 hours to come to full effect but some cats respond sooner.