Petsafe Anti-Bark Dog Collar - Citronella Spray Collar Kit - One Size for All Dogs over 3.6kg
The NEW PetSafe Anti-Bark Spray Collar is a weatherproof, microphone activated bark collar that is an ethical option when nothing has worked.
This NEW spray barking collar contains a citronella cartridge and microphone that is trigged by both sound and vibration combined (this stops it spraying accidentally if another dog barks). Advanced bark detection technology ensures your dog will never receive an accidental spray, even when other dogs bark. The collar sprays a burst of citronella mist in front of the dog's snout.
The spray alerts a number of your dog's senses; hearing the sound of the spray being ejected, feeling the spray on the snout and the deterrent of the citronella scent all play a part in breaking the barking cycle and controlling nuisance barking in most pet breed dogs.
- Suitable option for pet breed dogs from 4kg upwards
- Easy to use - put it on like any collar
- Can pick up howling and whining as well as barking
- Gentle yet effective spray stimulation
- No manual refilling - uses replaceable spray cartridges - 35–40 sprays per cartridge
- Low spray indicator
- Activated by combined sound and vibration to stop accidental spraying
- USB charger and rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- 2 spray cartridges included – citronella and unscented
- Spray Bark Control with ON/OFF Switch
- 3 year warranty
- Citronella spray collars are not recommended as a barking solution for working breed dogs or dogs considered to be stubborn.
- Uses a microphone to detect barking, not recommended for multiple dog situations.
- Citronella spray collars tend to have more cause for servicing or replacement over time compared to electric collars.
- For outdoor dogs - As this is a microphone activated unit, other dogs barking in the same yard could potentially activate this collar so consider a dual activated collar such as the Big Dog or Little Dog Spray Collars if this is the case.
What's in the box?
1 x Spray Bark Collar
1 x USB charger
1 x Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
2 x spray cartridges – citronella and unscented
Size: One Size
Search for replacement cartridges:
Citronella item code PAC54-16373
Unscented item code PAC54-16651
Does the spray need to hit my dog’s nose?
No. The spray is very fine and simple creates mist in the region of the nose/muzzle. The action of gentle burst of spray interrupts a dog's barking and distracts them from the focus of their bark.
The spray bark collar doesn't activate when my dog barks.
If your bark collar isn't activating or spraying when your dog barks, there may be a few contributing factors related to the actual collar. Check to see if:
- The spray collar or device is turned on.
- The battery in the unit is good and installed properly.
- The cartridge is empty
- The spray nozzle points toward your dog’s nose/muzzle.
- Your dog’s fur is blocking the spray. Trim the fur around your dog’s neck. Do not shave the fur, as this could cause irritation or excessive pressure on your dog’s neck.
- The collar fit is snug but not too tight. The collar should be high on your pet's neck near the ears and centered under your dog’s throat. You may need to tighten the collar to ensure that it is close enough to sense your dog's bark.
Sometimes air can get trapped in the collar, which will impede the spray to make enough pressure to come out, or the air can be blocking the outlet valve. To remove trapped air, empty the collar of all spray by pressing down into the spray inlet with a small screwdriver or old pen. Keep your face away from the spray and watch for the small black washer, as it can sometimes fall out.
All of the spray should now come out. Continue to press until empty. It should take 5-15 seconds to release any air blocked inside.
The spray has dried up. If you have not used the system for a longer period, sometimes the spray can dry in the outlet valve. To resolve this, hold the collar under warm water (max. 35-40 degrees Celsius) for a few minutes. This should make the spray fluid again. Dry thoroughly afterwards.
If you feel that the fit of the collar is good, you've tried the steps above and the spray bark still does not spray, there may be a more complex issue with your collar. Contact our Customer Care Centre.
The spray bark collar stopped working
If your spray collar has been functioning and suddenly stopped working, check the following:
- Make sure spray device is turned on
- Make sure that the battery is good and installed properly
- Make sure the device was not dropped or submerged in water
- Make sure the device has not been chewed by your dog
- Make sure to turn the device off when not in use
- Check the fit of the collar on your pet. The collar should be snug and fit high around your dog’s ears and be centered under your dog's throat.
If you try each of these items and they all check out, you may have a more complex issue with your collar. Contact our Customer Care Centre for more troubleshooting help.
How do I fit the collar?
Check the tightness of the receiver collar by inserting one finger between the collar and your pet’s neck. The fit should be snug but not constricting.
Allow your pet to wear the collar for several minutes then recheck the fit. Check the fit again as your pet becomes more comfortable with the receiver collar.
If the collar strap is too long, you can trim the collar. Mark the desired length of the receiver collar with a pen. Allow for growth if your pet is young or grows a thick winter coat. Remove the receiver collar from your pet and cut off the excess.
If your receiver has a nylon strap, seal the edge of the cut collar by applying a flame along the frayed edge.
If your dog has long fur, trim the fur on your pet's neck with scissors. Never shave your dog's neck.
Is it possible for my dog to learn not to bark only when wearing the collar?
Yes, it is possible. The bark control collar effectively and humanely stops most barking when it is worn by a dog. It should only be worn whenever you don't want your dog to bark. Your dog's reaction to the collar in terms of their barking will depend on your usage of the collar and the temperament of your dog. A bark collar helps you communicate to your dog when it is okay to bark and when it is not. Some dogs will become trained quickly and will not need the collar long term. Other dogs associate not barking with the collar and will only control their barking when they have the collar on. For best results, use the collar when you do not want your dog to bark at all and remove it during times when barking is appropriate or wanted.
Will my dog stop barking completely?
The bark control collar effectively and humanely stops most barking when it is worn by a dog. It should only be worn whenever you don't want your dog to bark. Your dog's reaction to the collar in terms of their barking will depend on your usage of the collar and the temperament of your dog. A bark collar helps you communicate to your dog when it is okay to bark and when it is not. Some dogs will be trained quickly and as a result may not need to wear the collar long term. Other dogs associate not barking with the collar and will only control their barking when they have the collar on.
You Might Also Like
Other People Also Purchased