All you need now is to top it off with the funky and functional perch that slides straight onto the top of the post. The Wooden Platform & Quilted Pad attaches to the Ultimate Scratching Post to provide a comfy perch for your cat to check out the world or have a cat nap.
Product dimensions: 36cm x 32cm
Go on then, give your cat the comfort of a Smartcat Perch to go with their Ultimate Post before stock runs out again!
Cat Scratch Posts tips:
* Place the scratcher in a room where the cat spends a lot of time. Cats often like to stretch and scratch when they wake up from a nap.
* To introduce the scratcher to your cat try using catnip as a lure (for most cats a lure is unnecessary, but fun). Rub catnip onto the sisal material and call the cat over to the scratcher.
* Scratch your nails along the surface of the material. This will attract the cat and at the same time teach him where to scratch.
* After your cat begins to scratch, praise him and give him a food treat - small kittens can be trained to climb the scratcher by showing them food treats and placing it at the top of the scratcher.
* If your cat has already been scratching a piece of furniture, place the scratcher directly in front of it.
* Temporarily cover the previously scratched areas with a few strips of double-sided carpet tape or clear double-sided tape strips that are designed for this purpose. This will help redirect your cat's scratching activities to the scratcher.
* Most cats are easily trained but if your cat is the exception, please see catsinternational.org for free behavior counseling.
Important note about declawing: Scientific journals refer to declawing as "elective mutilation". It is an amputation of the cat's toes comparable to the removal of the human finger at the first knuckle. It handicaps the cat physically, socially and psychologically for the rest of its life, predisposing the cat to certain temperament and behavior problems such as shyness, biting and litter box avoidance.
Other People Also Purchased