SmartCat Bootsie's Combination Scratcher Tough Sisal Cat Scratch Post
Some cats like it vertically, while others like it horizontally, right?
Bootsie's Combination Scratcher is a versatile scratching post, allowing you to mount it to a wall (for cats that are inclined to be vertical scratchers) or lay it on the floor (for those cats who opt to scratch horizontally).
Cats need a durable scratching post to tone their muscles, remove old nail sheaths from their claws, and help relieve stress.
Bootie's Combination Scratcher is made from woven sisal which is much more durable than wound sisal. This means that you will get much more use out of your scratching post.
- Made from natural, woven sisal
- Mount it vertically, lean it against your furniture or place it on the floor
- Fibrous and durable woven sisal naturally inspires scratching
- Comes with an easy to set up wall mounting system
- Rubber feet provide stability and prevent slipping while on the floor
- You can put the Bootsie's Combination Scratcher wherever your cat is scratching
Measures: 60cm (height) x 18cm (width) x 6cm (depth)
Cat Scratch Posts tips:
* Place the scratcher in a room where the cat spends a lot of time. Cats often like to stretch and scratch when they wake up from a nap.
* To introduce the scratcher to your cat try using catnip as a lure (for most cats a lure is unnecessary, but fun). Rub catnip onto the sisal material and call the cat over to the scratcher.
* Scratch your nails along the surface of the material. This will attract the cat and at the same time teach him where to scratch.
* After your cat begins to scratch, praise him and give him a food treat - small kittens can be trained to climb the scratcher by showing them food treats and placing it at the top of the scratcher.
* If your cat has already been scratching a piece of furniture, place the scratcher directly in front of it.
* Temporarily cover the previously scratched areas with a few strips of double-sided carpet tape or clear double-sided tape strips that are designed for this purpose. This will help redirect your cat's scratching activities to the scratcher.
* Most cats are easily trained but if your cat is the exception, please see catsinternational.org for free behavior counseling.
You Might Also Like
Other People Also Purchased