We can all use some hemp from time to time
by Lucky Pet ■ Updated: July 30, 2020
Hemp seeds, hemp powders, hemp protein, and hemp oils have made their way into the pet market. For pet owners that are interested in the health benefits of hemp or who want to learn more about hemp pet treats, supplements, and products, our blog post will serve as a great informative introduction to the world of hemp and how it can benefit your furry friend’s health.
The question on everyone's mind: Will Hemp Make Your Pet High?
As one of the main concerns pet parents have about hemp, the answer is no, hemp products won’t make your pet high or have psychoactive side effects. Marijuanna/cannabis and hemp come from the same plant species, but they both have different effects. Hemp is a health superfood for both humans and pets that can increase your animal companion’s quality of life and doesn’t have drug-like effects on your pet. Hemp has recently become legal in Australia while marijuanna is not legal unless through a prescription from a doctor.
The Benefits of Hemp for Pets
Hemp pet products come in a variety of forms, from oils to treats, and each product has its own benefits. But the common ingredient is hemp, and hemp itself can give your pet plenty of health boosters:
- Essential Fatty Acids – Hemp seeds, which are often made into oils, are heavy in omega fatty acids that are vital for various major health areas, from brain development to joint health. These healthy fats also help improve the appearance and feel of your pet’s skin and fur coat, relieving the skin from dryness and the coat from dullness. Hemp provides balanced ratios of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, too, so you get the right amount of omegas for your pet to ingest. Fats also help line the intestines to improve digestion and help produce regular stools.
- Antioxidants – Antioxidants are the number one killer of free radicals and provide anti-aging benefits as well. Antioxidants present in hemp help boost the immune system to combat free radicals and other elements that can cause ailments and diseases. They’re also crucial for brain and heart functioning.
- Calming – Hemp is known for its calming effects, so this is a wonderful vegan option for pets that suffer from anxiety. By adding drops of hemp seed oil to your pet’s food daily, you can help reduce any anxiety or fears they have and help them relax throughout the day.
- Joint Pain Relief – The healthy fats present in hemp seeds are critical for lubricating the joints and helping your pet maintain better mobility, which help relieve joint pain and allow your pet to run around like usual.
- Skin Repair – If your pet has dry, dull, and damaged skin or their skin is often flaky and irritated, hemp seed oil or hemp-packed treats can help improve the condition of your pet’s skin. The oils in the hemp seeds target the skin and nourish it with the moisturising properties, so hemp can help mitigate skin issues your furry friend may have.
Hemp Pet Products
Rest assured, all of the hemp products sold at Lucky Pet are sourced in Australia
These delicious oven-baked hemp seed dog biscuits specifically target the hips and joint with the superfood hemp seed oil incorporated in the recipe. Vitalitae also has other dog treats that are formulated for various purposes, such as the Vitalitae Digestion Biscuits Treats or Vitalitae Superfood & Hemp Oil Dog Treats - Skin & Coat Jerky.
Pawsome Organics Hemp Oil, Nectar and Treats
This 100% Certified Organic Australian-made hemp products give pets an extra dose of healthy fats that provide endless nutritional benefits, including omega fatty acids and antioxidants that help improve major areas of health for your pet.
The hemp seed oil used by Pawsome Organics has a balanced ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that are excellent for combating joint aches and pains, especially in older pets. Healthy fats also help keep the joints smooth and not stiff for better mobility as well as improve brain and heart health. Not only do omega fatty acids provide internal health benefits, but they also give your pet’s skin a softer feel and the fur coat a shiny, healthy look. Grab some vegan treats or some of the hemp nectar or some oil with turmeric, or even seaweed.
Made with Australian-sourced ingredients, these dog supplement calming chews are made with chamomile and L-Tryptophan to provide calming effects for your pet and keep them in a good, happy mood. The hemp seed oil included in this supplement give your dog nutritional benefits and can also help make your dog calmer. You can find these calming supplements for cats as well. If you prefer treats, choose the Vetalogica Hemp Clinicals Calming Dog Treats instead.
Be sure to reap the benefits of hemp treats and supplements and browse through our extensive selection of hemp pet products!
You Might Also Like