Royal Canin Feline Renal Tuna Prescription Wet Cat Food 85g (12 x pouches)
The Renal with Tuna diet is complete nutrition for adult cats that require support for chronic or temporarily reduced renal function. The diet includes a low level of phosphorus and high quality and highly digestible protein.
Cats with renal disease can have reduced appetite. Using renal diets with varied protein sources such as Tuna can help stimulate a cat’s appetite and increase food intake.
Recommended for (indications):
- Chronic renal failure (CRF)
- Management of calcium oxalate urolith recurrence in cats with impaired renal function
- Prevention of recurrence of urolithiasis requiring urine alkalinisation: urate & cystine uroliths
- Hepatic encephalopathy
Not recommended for (contraindications):
Feeding Advice: Initially feed Renal with Tuna for up to 6 months in cases of chronic renal insufficiency and reduction of oxalate stone formation. For cases of temporary renal insufficiency a period of 2 to 4 weeks feeding is recommended followed by a veterinary. It is recommended that a veterinarian’s opinion be sought before use or before extending the period of use.
- LOW PHOSPHORUS A low phosphorus intake is key to help support renal function in dogs with chronically impaired kidney function.
- ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS: EPA/DHA Essential fatty acids support renal filtration in the kidneys.
- HEALTHY DIGESTION Helps maintain a healthy digestive system through the combination of fermentable fibres (beet pulp and FOS) with specific nutrients.
- ANTIOXIDANT COMPLEX The patented antioxidant complex helps fight free radicals, maintain healthy DNA and promotes a healthy immune system.
Pork and poultry meats, corn flour, tuna meats, fish oil, sunflower oil, cellulose, minerals (including calcium carbonate), taurine, Fructo-Oligo-Saccharides (FOS), trace-elements (including chelated trace elements) marigold meal (rich in lutein), vitamins. ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Vitamin D3: 320 IU, E1 (Iron): 13 mg, E2 (Iodine): 0.13 mg, E4 (Copper): 0.9 mg, E5 (Manganese): 4 mg, E6 (Zinc): 40 mg. ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS: Protein: 6.5% - Fat content: 6.7% - Crude ash: 0.9% - Crude fibres: 1.4% - Moisture: 79% - Calcium: 0.2% - Phosphorus: 0.09% - Potassium: 0.19% - Sodium: 0.1% - Essential fatty acids: 2.5% including EPA/DHA: 0.45%.
Recommended daily quantities (g/day):
Water should be available at all times
|Cat's Weight||2 kg||3 kg||4 kg||5 kg||6 kg||7 kg||8 kg||9 kg||10 kg|
|Lean||135 g||1+1/4 pouch||205 g||2 pouch||270 g||2+3/4 pouch||340 g||3+1/2 pouch||405 g||4 pouch||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Normal||105 g||1 pouch||160 g||1+1/2 pouch||215 g||2+1/4 pouch||265 g||2+3/4 pouch||320 g||3+1/4 pouch||370 g||3+3/4 pouch||425 g||4+1/4 pouch||480 g||4+3/4 pouch||530 g||5+1/4 pouch|
|Overweight||-||-||-||-||175 g||1+3/4 pouch||215 g||2+1/4 pouch||260 g||2+1/2 pouch||305 g||3 pouch||350 g||3+1/2 pouch||390 g||4 pouch||435 g||4+1/4 pouch|
|Brand||Royal Canin Prescription|